ARCHIVED - Enhancements to the Priority Information Management System (13-05)
This page has been archived.
The Public Service Commission has moved since this document was first published and therefore the address and telephone numbers indicated may no longer be accurate. Please consult the Contact Us page for up-to-date contact information.
Enhancements to the Priority Information Management System
The Public Service Commission (PSC) has made a number of enhancements over the past several months to improve the Priority Information Management System (PIMS), the online inventory through which priority persons are referred to employment opportunities. Following recent consultations with organizations and bargaining agents, further improvements to PIMS will be implemented within the next few weeks, which will improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the system.
The enhancements effective March 20, 2013 include:
- A standardized résumé template is being introduced that is designed to increase consistency in the way that experience and education are presented in PIMS. This should lead to more efficient and effective screening and referrals for term and indeterminate employment opportunities.
The enhancements effective April 6, 2013 include:
- The Priority Clearance Request Form has been streamlined to make it simpler to seek referrals of priority person(s) or to appoint a priority person;
- The Priority Registration Form has been enhanced to provide improved navigation ability for users of the system; and
- A new search function for previous registrations of priority persons, enabling organizations to conduct a search prior to initiating a new registration to avoid duplication.
The enhancements effective May 4, 2013 include:
- Revised experience codes, and guidelines for the most widely used codes, starting with those that relate to the AS, CR, CM, DA, IS, OE, OM, PM and ST occupational groups to improve the matching of priority persons to employment opportunities.
- New mobility codes that will more accurately reflect the geographical areas where job opportunities are located, leading to more accurate referrals.
For detailed information on these enhancements, including questions and answers regarding implementation, please see Annex A, attached.
Please note that in order to implement these enhancements, PIMS will be unavailable from 8:00 p.m. to midnight Eastern Daylight Savings Time (EDST) April 5, 2013 and from 8:00 p.m. to midnight EDST May 3, 2013. We apologize for any inconvenience that this may cause.
If you have any questions regarding these initiatives, please contact Janelle Wright at Janelle.Wright@cfp-psc.gc.ca or by telephone at 613-995-4636.
We want to thank you and your teams for the constructive input and feedback we have received that have helped improve the design and implementation of these enhancements.
Staffing and Assessment Services Branch
- Date modified: